FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS closes CPH-HKG
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2020, 8:25 am
Superrman

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Except for the times I went to Radisson Royal Viking or Clarion Hotel Sign, I have never really been a user of the Arlanda Express. But to those two locations I always found it really convenient, and kind of worth the rip off. Our offices have always been north of the City, Kista and Solna, so there has never really been a point to take the train in to the city and some form transport back out again. So as I was basically always a taxi passenger, I never found the price of the Arlanda Express that bad. Looking at Heathrow Express, Narita Express, and Oslo I can of just write it off as the price for an airport train. Though being from Copenhagen, I should have a frame of reference.
In the case of Oslo, Flytoget is a total ripoff in my opinion, considering that the time gained vs NSB/Vy is rather minimal, nor is there any significant increase in "comfort". Atleast in the case of Narita, there is a clear benefit to taking Narita Express or Keisei Skyliner compared to local trains or buses and whatnot.