FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 18, 2020, 3:19 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by umba815

Specifically looking at the corona virus guidelines update 3 where you can rebook to another date without the need for availability but within ticket validity:

BA do not seem to be currently selling tickets in the first cabin on services after 24th Oct 2020. Could we ask to be put on the JAL service where first is being sold?
I think this is the sort of route where the First cabin may be withdrawn, there was some changes in this space before the pandemic. But no, because you are on Avios even if JAL offered a codeshare on the flight in question I can't see how BA would move you to a JAL revenue ticket. In the unlikely event that JAL has redemption space that may be more arguable, but then the 2-4-1 gets in the way. So by al means ask (and report back) but I thiink your decision tree is going to be about whether you go Club World or whether you just go for a refund / FTV (depending on your plans and 2-4-1 expiry).