FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS closes CPH-HKG
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2020, 3:12 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RedChili
Train tickets suffer from the fact that A-Train, which has the sole right to operate train stations at Arlanda, require a SEK 120 user fee for the stations. But a bus ticket from Uppsala can be had for as little as 78, while from Stockholm it's 99. If you're willing to take the commuter train to Marsta and switch to bus 583 to Arlanda, you can get all the way from Stockholm to Arlanda for 37.
Except for the times I went to Radisson Royal Viking or Clarion Hotel Sign, I have never really been a user of the Arlanda Express. But to those two locations I always found it really convenient, and kind of worth the rip off. Our offices have always been north of the City, Kista and Solna, so there has never really been a point to take the train in to the city and some form transport back out again. So as I was basically always a taxi passenger, I never found the price of the Arlanda Express that bad. Looking at Heathrow Express, Narita Express, and Oslo I can of just write it off as the price for an airport train. Though being from Copenhagen, I should have a frame of reference.