FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS closes CPH-HKG
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2020, 11:14 pm
nussle

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I wasn't advocating for any major construction or overhaul, I was just highlighting why ARN is such a mess and so many other things in Swedish society. For me ARN is never a transfer airport and I'm fine with its perhaps strange design. I'm also generally happy with airports and terminals that are efficient and small. Sweden would be much better off investing in other much more crucial infrastructure than airport rebuilds, such as utility services for everyone, adequate road capacity to/from/through the capital and general mobility needs such as parking..
Road infrastructure is very good in Sweden, you almost never stop from Malmo to Gavle, about 800 kilometers and thats through stockholm on a Friday afternoon 3pm.

Parking, plenty of it albiet expensive and who is not getting utilities?? If you mean water, electricity? I dont know any such place without it in the whole of Sweden...maybe a mountain hut or some such.

The transport to and from Arlanda works but its costly, roughly 200SEK for a single train ticket whatever train you use and taxi can be just crazy. Bus from Uppsala is kinda expensive for what it is but it works too.