FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss cancelled my flight, wants to charge me 300EUR to fly my return
Old May 17, 2020, 3:47 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by john1987
Hi
may I ask if the injuction only applies to Germany ?
i am having the same problem in the U.K and already sent to LH group my pre court letter.
i am planning to start as soon as the 28 days notice expires.
does anyone has a link to the injuction?
any documentation that support my case will great appreciated
thanks
https://www.rechteindeutig.de/luftha...ung-verlangen/

Which reaffirms, reinforces Regulation (EC) No 261/2004:

Article 5

Cancellation

1. In case of cancellation of a flight, the passengers concerned shall:

(a) be offered assistance by the operating air carrier in accordance with Article 8.....

Article 8

...Right to reimbursement or re-routing

1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered the choice between:

(a) - reimbursement within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), of the full cost of the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the journey not made, and for the part or parts already made if the flight is no longer serving any purpose in relation to the passenger's original travel plan, together with, when relevant,

- a return flight to the first point of departure, at the earliest opportunity;

(b) re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity; or

(c) re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at a later date at the passenger's convenience, subject to availability of seats *.

Article 7

3. The compensation ..shall be paid in cash, by electronic bank transfer, bank orders or bank cheques or, with the signed agreement of the passenger, in travel vouchers and/or other services.

* The court interprets "availability of seats" as just that: space available regardless of the fare being charged.

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 17, 2020 at 4:15 pm