FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One&Only Rwanda
Thread: One&Only Rwanda
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2020, 1:23 am
Epicura

Originally Posted by MicSanToro
For anyone who has had the chance to stay at Gorilla's Nest or any TA's who have booked clients at the property, do you think these prices are justified? What sets Gorilla's Nest apart from Singita Kwitonda (their base rate for 2 people is $600/night cheaper than Gorilla's Nest, their most expensive suite is $6750/night cheaper than Gorilla's Nest)?
I have clients booked (family of 5) for early July but I am pretty sure they will not able to travel, even if they would want to. If there's any feedback to share in the upcoming months, I will update but chances are next to 0.

Can certainly not be compared with rates for a private beach resort in a different location. At time of booking Singita and Bisate were already fully booked so for high end lodges there was not much left.

Just FYI: in general for Africa try to work with a TA who has contracts with the best local DMC's. Better rates and the best chance to have easy access to transfers and extra's (in this case not even an extra but rather a necessity) like gorilla permits etc (only 100 per day). Just my 2 cents.