FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 16, 2020, 7:56 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Safifi
My request for a refund on the unused portion of the ticket was denied using the FTV as the Excuse, despite the FTV being denied as well! Who should bear liability for this serial error and misinformation?
Well as I say, the FTV is a red herring, but if your flight is cancelled you have right in law to a refund or the rebooking. The rules on FTV were and are explained on the link that I provided to you earlier, which is in turn linked from BA's home page so I wouldn't waste your energy on the misinformation aspect, it really won't help you.

Depending on how you left it with your previous conversation with BA, you don't want to be deemed a "no show" on BOS-LHR, so as I say a lot depends on what you want, to defer travel or to get the Involuntary Refund. If you want that refund then unless you already know the answer, you need to ensure it is for all of BOS-LHR-DXB, and not just LHR-DXB. You have until about an hour before departure of BOS-LHR to ensure you are offloaded from that service, if you are unsure of that detail. Anyway, assuming BA treat this as an Involuntary Refund it is likely to be held up for many weeks (it was a slow process even 6 months ago), so don't hesitate to revert here after about 2 weeks. You should get around half of the original ticket fare back depending on details. If you want to return to Dubai as soon as the frontiers open then instead you don't want the Involuntary Refund, you best offload yourself from BOS-LHR and say you will contact BA again when the situation is clear. You then need to keep the 125 ticket number and PNR safe so you can efficiently process this at a later date.