FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your beauty routine for staying home?
Old May 16, 2020, 3:47 am
freecia

Daytime Zoom calls - I open the blinds since my desk is near a window. Zoom blur mode on and dark virtual background similar color to my hair and this hides most hair flyaways. I bought a wired gaming mic for my over-ear Sony ANC headphones which makes for an easy wide headband. My usual bob length hair has gained low pony powers.

A good quarter of my skincare goes towards my scalp which can get dehydrated. Not stay at home specific but I use Aveda's scalp exfoliator on dry scalp pre-shampoo and Living Proof Dry Scalp Treatment after washing. I should also be drinking more water but I've found that I stand up less working from home than at the office. Perhaps it is because I usually don't wear my Apple Watch as much (stand reminder) or I'd built a decent habit of going to the break room.

Gothamista, a YT skin care guru, did a great video with a dermatologist + psychologist for mask induced acne mechanica & irritation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIDQCWbFs2Y I'd noticed mask acne and irritation mentioned on reddit Skincare Addiction https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAdd...f_coronavirus/ So I bought some Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid since it will take a while to ship out and another trial size BHA 9 salicylic acid. I like the BHA9 for spot treating acne.

@BaliParis - YT recommended a Dr. Dray video on cracked feet. She recommended Kerasal ointment which has urea & will deeply exfoliate thick skin. I haven't used it myself but the reviews seemed good?

@BigLar - My male co-workers have been experimenting with facial hair and hair. I think it's kind of nice that guys have the opportunity to vary their hair and facial hair a bit. If they don't like it then they can keep the video off or grab a hat.

I would like to know how so many of the famous people in benefits while in "stay at home" mode don't have crazy hair growth and roots. I don't think all of them sport wigs or their own hair color... Perhaps some powder, box dye, or a dye kit from their hair stylist + long video chat? I think I also noticed someone's lash extensions getting a little patchy.