FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is your cooking improving in isolation?
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2020, 3:59 pm
MSYtoJFKagain

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by JBord
I agree. You guys are making me jealous. We bought a new house recently, and have been traveling back and forth between the two homes, moving, unpacking, and getting the old one ready to sell once people are allowed to go outside again . But it hasn't left a lot of time for elaborate meals lately. I think we have about a week of this left and then I can try the buldak, those sliders, and maybe a nice pizza on the grill! Unfortunately the large cuts of smoked meat are probably still a couple months away for me...
I'm in the same boat, we've taken out at a ton of places since we moved or made simple stuff. It's usually a vacation spot for us as my SO's family lives here so we have our favorites and have patronized the ones that are open.

That said, I have a bunch of odds and ends getting here tomorrow from Amazon along with 50 fresh Wellfleet oysters from up the road. I also just had a 22" Weber set aside at the local appliance store to pick up on Saturday. All this, coupled with our new fridge, is going to lead to a hell of a weekend of eating. Raw oysters and steamers on Friday night, planning for lobster sushi (Live lobster is 6.95 a pound right now) and a big vegetable ratatouille on Saturday. Sunday will be trying the grill out for some fire-grilled fire chicken and some bulgogi over the charcoals. I've been talking with a guy on Instagram (@Yakatoriguy) and he's explained the method for doing yakitori over a full-size charcoal grill (It's similar to a 2 zone grill be with a small 3rd section) so I may try a few of those as well.

I've also been fishing every day.

Why the hell do I live in a city again?