FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dipped my toe in the water today...
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2020, 2:23 pm
chipmaster

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
I flew a round trip Saturday PDX-LAX on the outbound on Alaska on the return Southwest.

Airport and TSA not a person, but when I got to the gate, wow lot of people. We were very good with social distancing, good job passengers! It was the smaller Embr174 but every row was taken and first glass had someone on both sides all rows.

Kudos the staff at As they had masks and gloves and when they served water and snacks also done with gloves/mask. On landing most were pretty good. Even though the mask requirement hadn't started everyone had masks, some did take off during the flight. Will be interesting this week with the enforcement will they come by and ask / require you to wear and if they encounter the rebels?

Flight back on SW was a far worse experience, flew Burbank to Las Vegas to PDX, maybe it was the carrier or the airport/destination. Mask wearing and social distancing was ignored by many. Even 2 of the 3 attendants took off their mask for extended on the Las Vegas to PDX segment. Not enough sample size to say if it was SW or the crowd / city, Upon landing every bunched up to the front, go figure... an F in social distancing on this flight.