FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arrivals at Texas airports from quarantine states, cities
Old May 14, 2020, 9:12 am
houstr8male

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by aztimm
As I said above, they probably would never bother you. They DPS officers are meeting passengers from flights into Texas from those specific locations. As Arizona is not listed, they wouldn't meet your aircraft.
I'm sure if you wanted to be totally honest, you could find one at the airport and get a form on your own.
This is correct. My flight from PHX was not met by DPS. They only meet flights coming from locations listed in the order. DPS don't know where the pax started their day or their final destination. They only know the pax is on a plane coming from ORD, MIA, California, etc. The order is 6 weeks old at this point and IMO should be abolished. Texas has plenty of their own hot spots and pretending outsiders are a danger to Texas is ludicrous . Consider this:
1. Washington state's numbers are far better than Texas. If anything, Washington should quarantine pax coming from Texas lol.
2. A pax flying DSM-ORD-DFW for example is suddenly subject to 14 day quarantine in Texas merely because they connected at ORD. The same pax would not be subject to quarantine if they fly DSM-DFW.
3. Pax coming from 'hot spots' as defined in the order can connect and arrive in TX from a non hot spot city/state. E.g LGA-CLT-DFW, SMF-PHX-SAT, SFO-DEN-IAH etc.
Aircraft from DEN, CLT and PHX are not met by DPS officers.