FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old May 14, 2020, 3:58 am
xDan

Programs: Club Vistara FFP
Originally Posted by steveholt
Given the presence of Air India in Mumbai, I would imagine a Star Alliance program which links with Air India would be best. I'm least familiar with Star Alliance of the three alliances, so I don't want to give too significant of an opinion, but I know there are some on this board who use the Aegean frequent flyer program as the easiest way to get Star Alliance Gold status, which includes priority boarding, lounge access, and extra baggage on all Star Alliance flights. I'm not sure how easy it is to redeem flights with Aegean, that's a question for a more experienced Star Alliance flyer.
Thank you Steve. AI has a really poor website though and understanding the points chart on their website requires a lot of work. Over all I found it unfriendly and not welcoming.
Also, do you have any suggestions for which credit cards I should go for as a first timer and would bring most value to me in terms of gathering points?