FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2020, 11:02 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have been keeping post 1 up to date with various changes, but I'm going to highlight a few recent aspects.
- since the weekend the T4 loop on the Piccadilly line has been closed, with services redeployed to T5. This means the T5 service is at least as good as it was before March.
- POD parking is now closed
- Face masks: the HAL website gives the impression that face masks aren't actively encouraged at LHR, whereas in reality since yesterday the staff at the front checkpoint for T5 (and T2) are requiring people to wear them at least during security checks. They do have some available to hand out free of charge, and they are OK with personal face coverings instead. There is currently no requirement to wear them on BA services, I would guess that about half of passengers at least board wearig maks, perhaps falling to a third once seated.

EDIT: I have been contacted by HAL, who said that the agents concerned were running ahead of HAL's own policies in respect of face masks. There is currently no requirement to wear face mask at LHR.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 27, 2020 at 5:07 am