FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread COVID-19/Coronavirus; travel waivers, route changes, AC impacts
Old May 13, 2020, 5:05 am
bar_foo

Programs: United Mileage Plus
A question about how AC is handling passengers on cancelled flights.I flew to Taiwan in January on a round-trip Vancouver-Taipei Air Canada ticket purchased through Expedia. Our return flight in late June has been cancelled by Air Canada, and Expedia says that Air Canada is only offering vouchers for the value of the return portion. But as I understand the current CTA rules--even the watered-down version during the pandemic--Air Canada is still obligated to rebook on a partner airline if possible. EVA is still flying YVR - TPE direct, and ANA has flights via Tokyo.

So is Air Canada refusing to rebook when a partner alternative is still available? I haven't called AC directly yet--their website says that any Expedia bookings must be handled through Expedia--but I'll try that next if Expedia won't budge. Failing that, we may have to buy a new one-way ticket and submit a complaint to the CTA.

Incidentally, neither AC nor Expedia contacted us when the flight was cancelled, we just happened to find out through news reports...