FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at JAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old May 12, 2020, 8:51 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Herb687
I suppose most people don't. Do you aspire to be "most people"? It is interesting to see how among driving enthusiasts moonroof deletion is one of the most commonly selected options on high performance BMWs.
So, uhh, just to add a marginally relevant piece of information here. The reason people ordering high performance BMWs, MBs, Porsches, whatever delete moonroofs (or get models without one) is because that option then allows (or requires) the selection of a carbon fiber roof which reduces overall weight and lowers center of gravity, two very important things for a track car.

For literally every other purpose (and probably for the daily driver vehicles also owned by the moonroof-deleting bunch), the vast majority of people are going to appreciate the extra light and ventilation a moonroofs allows. Also the small fact that people renting cars from mass-market airport rental car agencies aren't exactly expecting track-ready vehicles, and in fact are prohibited from taking said vehicles on to a track.

But what do I know. I'm just a simple owner of a custom-ordered high-performance BMW...with a moonroof.