FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Christmas Bargain to Oman on Emirates and Swiss
Old May 12, 2020, 10:55 am
hkskyline

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Looking forward to the two free nights courtesy of Emirates. A promo like Qatar has (although the rates are heavily discounted)? Last time I checked I needed a transit visa (for a fee) and pay for my hotel, albeit at a cheaper rate but still more expensive than what Qatar is offering.
After booking my cheap Emirates flight through the travel agency, I received a message the next morning informing me I got 2 nights' free accommodation in Dubai at a seemingly upper 3/lower 4-star hotel and Christmas Day was not subject to black-out (although New Year's Eve is). This would be perfect as I would arrive Dubai late on Christmas Eve and fly out to Oman late on Christmas Day, so the 2 nights were just right.

The agent took care of the paperwork and I ended up getting a confirmation a few days later for the Premier Inn Al Jaddaf, which is located in a construction zone part of town that isn't really near any attractions. However, for a free stay, it was sufficient thanks to the airport shuttle and a metro station nearby. They even offer a shuttle to Dubai Mall in the morning as well.

The hotel was perfectly fine - clean and functional. It looked relatively new and interestingly, wasn't alone. There was a Hilton Garden Inn next door.

I had almost a full day exploring Dubai Mall. I have been here before but not so much exploring the shops but to photograph the Burj.

The really sweet date would go well with a bitter Arabic coffee.

This Turkish dessert store had a hefty price tag. But I really miss Turkish Delight so it was worth a small splurge.

Next stop was a stop down the metro line to Business Bay, where I read about an interesting place for lunch amidst the office towers.

My Dubai gallery : https://www.globalphotos.org/dubai.htm
Next Part : Off to Oman!