FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM to make face masks compulsory for all passengers from 11 May 2020
Old May 12, 2020, 4:40 am
the810

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
And if your travel is discretionary, you really should be looking to stay at home now. Most governments are still recommending against all but essential travel.
Most, but not all. There are some places that are trying to open for the summer season and actively promote tourism.

Originally Posted by Rambol
How many people here have actually flown while wearing a mask? I flew from Australia to Europe in March while wearing a mask and it wasn't too bad. The only (major) downside was that my ears started to hurt after about 8 hours of wearing the mask. I don't think lots of people are taking trips this long right now. And if they are, there are ways to prevent painfull ears.
While I haven't flowin in a mask, I do my shopping in a mask and it's rather uncomfortable after few minutes. I just can't imagine wearing it for a few hours will be better. Different people react differently, I get headache almost instantly and I get dizzy (to the point where I make mistakes when trying to use self-service check-out). I've also heard of people having much bigger medical issues when wearing masks for prolongued times.

There's a reason why evolution gave us nose.

Last edited by the810; May 12, 2020 at 4:45 am