FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Memories of the AA Boeing 757 - retired 24 April 2020
Old May 12, 2020, 12:05 am
Ty Vil

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Herb687
"Business Insider" is not an Airplane Flight Manual. Of course that particular 738 could have been half empty, though with fuel for EWR-DEN I kind of doubt it. If you want to believe that an article in the general media is dispositive on the nuances of comparative aircraft performance, that's your prerogative. As for me, my job occasionally requires careful study of aircraft perf data. I do this for a living. And I would not make blanket generalizations like 757s can always climb unrestricted to cruise altitude while 737NGs never can.

Edited to add: here's another 737NG on a fairly long flight for the type (OAK-HNL) that made it right up to FL400 in 20 minutes:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/.../PHNL/tracklog
I posted a link with a quote from a 757 captain who had also recently flown in the cockpit of a 737 where he directly compares their engine performance. You're posting links to flightaware where you have NO IDEA of the actual load or anything else involved on those particular flights; but again tell me how you're the expert?