FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Sep 21, 2004, 4:32 pm
notsosmart
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
(I'm assuming that the OP is talking about the Parco De Medici...)

Well, if you're going to Rome to golf this is probably not a bad choice... likewise if you're going on business to the EUR district.

I stayed in June I think it was, and can tell you that the hotel is very modern, and not very busy. There was a doctor's conference at the time, but beyond that, only a few Yank families that picked an unusual hotel from which to visit the city.

Nice outdoor pool + spa + gym, friendly english-speaking staff (not the most common occurrence south of Milan), and a decent (though expensive) restaurant.

I can't tell you about shuttle service to/from downown and/or FCO, but after living in Italy for 12 years, I can tell you that relying on anything being on time is absolute madness. So if you happen to get a schedule, take it with grain of salt.

Overall though, a nice hotel.