FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about how to get money back from Austrian Airlines
Old May 11, 2020, 1:14 am
8420PR

Originally Posted by Vit007
I am looking at the scenario that for some reason Austrian (or Lufthansa Group) denies the refund and the CR company does not get the money back from Expedia/Austrian. I could be anywhere between 1 to 4 months away from that (7 days wait + upto 30 days for chargeback + upto 90 days for the vendor to respond). Who do I go after that? I would like to file a complaint with a regulator at that point - if that complaint does anything, that's another story.
You are certain to get your money back, it is just a question of when.

If you have cashflow problems then making a chargeback claim now will get you a temporary credit for the flight costs, meaning you can spend the money again. Check your banks terms and conditions to ensure you would also get the credit card points back. Chargebacks in this situation are somewhat anti-social, as they create additional work/cost for your bank, the merchant bank and Expedia. Of course the airlines behaviour at the moment could also be considered anti-social, still two wrongs don't make a right.