FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Four Points in the world -- what are your favorites?
Old May 10, 2020, 10:27 am
kklems
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
My favorite had to be former FP Sports Complex in KC.(now a best western) The place was in desperate need of renovation. The pool didn't usually work. The BF was understaffed. But it's location was perfect, right across the street from Arrowhead and Kaufman Stadiums (Chiefs NFL, Royals MLB) When I first started staying it was 5000 points per night, free parking. (the stadium was $18 and the football complex was in the $40's). We could check in, park the car for free, enjoy our beverages and walk over. After the game or concert, no traffic to fight. Some of the FD staff were awesome as well and even with the physical property issues they tried to be customer friendly. I remember two winters ago we were staying for a NFL playoff game and the city had a snowstorm that knocked the power out to much of the area. The hotel was running on generators only and they laid out a free spread for fans coming back. (it wasn't gourmet..things like hotdogs and hot chocolate) when they didn't have to do anything.