FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old May 9, 2020, 7:15 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
This move, should it happen as touted (and the promised return of contact tracing) is less an admission that the UK has bungled its responses to the coronoavirus so far (obvious even to a blind corona-bat in a cave by now!) and should have been quarantining incomers/returnees 2 months ago, and more a case of attempting to persuade other governments not to impose a blanket ban on travellers from the UK entering other countries due to a belief that the UK is a diseased 'leper colony' that has absolutely no idea what proportion of its citizenry are infected, is doing insufficient to contain/minimise the threat, and is thus a danger to other nations, which, stark language aside, is pretty much how the UK (and Trumpia) will be viewed by many right now.
I think it’s too late.

Watching the news here in Germany, where I have now been “stuck” for 7 weeks, you really do get the impression that the UK has become the basket-case of Europe. My access to UK TV channels does nothing to change that impression. Watching happy-go-lucky street parties yesterday on TV news, newspapers cheering the assumed lockdown relaxation impending, while the country is registering over 4,000 new cases and 600 deaths daily is just plain silly. And that coupled with not even a modicum of humility from political leaders.

I am sure that travellers from the UK will not only face quarantine on their return, but also at their destinations. And probably very soon.