FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old May 9, 2020, 4:07 am
paulaf

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Didn't sound very soft if they are threatening £1k fines for not being at said address.

And there are a LOT of vigilantes these days ensuring compliance, so if the people around you - whether from social media, your neighbours noticing you are away etc - see you out and about and driving to work or a shop, there sure are a lot of people willing to 'turn you in' these days anyway.

Either way, I feel incredibly depressed about this news. Seems like pure populism to me, especially at a time when other countries are opening up and considering an increase in tourism. Our release of lockdown measures in the UK is already one of the slowest in all of Europe, and now while Lufthansa is announcing 60 new routes next month for Germans going abroad, we are closing up shop altogether.
Agree Dan1113 I was getting quite hopeful yesterday about having a July holiday somewhere after reading quite a lot of hopeful news and started looking at villas and now feeling very fed up again, let's hope it's just until the end of June say to fully nail the new cases.