FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Membership Holiday during the 2019-nCov
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2020, 1:06 am
FlyPointyEnd

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
When I took the first holiday, and I have done three I was told that the account could be re-activated upon notice but had to work within a months end and the rest of the holiday would be written off.

However MPC programme sticks to the same year end so this is how it worked for me.

1. My year end is 31/08
2. I started taking the holidays around November/December time
3. When each holiday was finished I was given until the 31/08 of the following year to renew to Diamond
4. So I did not get a full year to renew to DM. Not that I had any interest.

The rules may have changed but that was my experience.

Good :Luck!
Here's the T&C for the membership holiday sent by Marco Polo

1. Membership Holiday
1. Silver, Gold and Diamond members who will like to apply for, change or cancel a Membership Holiday should contact the Marco Polo Club Service Centre.

2. Request must be made between 7 days and 90 days before requested Membership Holiday start.

3. Membership Holiday cannot start on the current membership expiry month or outside of the current membership period.

4. Minimum of 1 month and maximum of 12 months period for each Membership Holiday.

5. Only 3 membership holidays per membership lifetime is permitted.

6. Membership tier and remaining membership period will resume after the Membership Holiday.

7. A new membership card (with new expiry date) will be issued after Membership Holiday period, while mid-tier benefits before their expiration date can still be claimed.

8. No requests, changes, extensions, and cancellations can be made after start of Membership Holiday.

9. No Marco Polo Club services or benefits are applicable during Membership Holiday period.

10. Accrual of club points not possible for flights taken during Membership Holiday period (whilst there is no impact on Asia Miles accrual or redemption).

11. Additional Membership Holiday(s) can be requested (even during the holiday period) as long as the periods do not overlap.
After speaking to the agent yesterday it seems like the restriction on "No requests, changes, extensions, and cancellations can be made after start of Membership Holiday." is due to system limitation. Once you're out...you're out.