FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have Travel Insurers Killed Their Product for Leisure Travel
Old May 8, 2020, 12:16 pm
divemistressofthedark

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Update: Looks like Generali has received so many complaints they've shut down comments on their Facebook page. When I complained on Twitter, they blocked me.

I really have a beef with them. One of their executives called me (like an idiot I didn't write his name down, sure wish I had) and told me I was eligible to file for an exception since the airlines cancelled my flights, etc. and I won't be filing a claim. So I did all the paperwork, including proofs of cancellations, sent it all in, and.... No refund because one of the hotels offered me a voucher instead of a refund.

What the heck?! A.) In contrast with what Mr. Executive told me, B.) This voucher is less than 10% of the trip cost, C.) What difference does it make? Generali sent me an email back in March saying they were invalidating my policy. Obviously they're just looking for a loophole to keep my money. Hope they go bankrupt. I'll be writing my electeds with this experience in case they come calling to Congress asking for a bailout.

(Again, Generali should never have sold me this policy in late January; they shouldn't have told me I was eligible for an exception if I'm not; they shouldn't be taking weeks to reply to consumers; and they shouldn't be locking down social media to try to control unhappy consumers from telling others what ripoff artists they are.)

Last edited by divemistressofthedark; May 13, 2020 at 11:47 am