FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 7, 2020, 12:26 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Bellerina
I have a flight to London on 19 June 2020 that has just been cancelled (which works for me since Glasto has also been cancelled this year). But I haven't had any notification about the return flight being cancelled (yet). Booked F/J for outbound-return. While I would normally be fine with a FTV I have serious doubts about Glasto 2021 and other UK events going ahead and would just rather have the cash back. It was booked on BA site directly.

Am I correct in my assumption that if my outbound flight is cancelled my whole itinerary is refundable?

Answer: Yes, if any flight in your itinerary is cancelled then you are eligible for a full refund. You will need to call to obtain the refund.

Also, is the seat booking fee for the J return flight also refundable in cash or FTV?

Answer: Your seat booking fees are refundable in cash when a flight in your itinerary is cancelled.

If the return is not refundable in cash I'll wait a bit longer as I think there is a good chance the return flight will be cancelled eventually.

Sorry if this has been posted in this thread already. I did browse a number of pages and tried to do a search after reading the wiki, but there were too many results for my key words.