FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 7, 2020, 8:51 am
weebit

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, a Future Travel Voucher could lead to a fare difference increase or decrease. An increase means you have to stump up more Avios and/or cash. A decrease will be remitted back to you via a refund of Avios and / or another eVoucher. If you rebook instead of FTV for the same route then you won't get a fare difference issue. You can book to another route, the FTV is not route specific, or for BA Holidays, though for a 2-4-1 that isn't typically a good idea.
Thanks for your reply.

Rebooking isn't an option as I booked them on 29th May 2019, so would the only option would be change them to a flight later this month!
If I request a refund, my Amex companion voucher would expire in February 2021 and I am planning to fly to Lima in May 2021 - it would would expire before I can use it.

I think in the circumstances, I may got for a FTV as it offers a greater chance of being able to use it - even on an in-demand route such as London-Lima! Worst case, if I can't use it for our Lima trip, I can use it later in 2021 or early 2022 to another destination