FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 7, 2020, 5:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by weebit
I understand I can request a Future Travel Voucher and all the elements of the booking are retained in that (2-4-1 voucher, cash and avios). When I later come to use the voucher to book a future flight, will I be expected to pay any extra if I book a flight on the exact same route (i.e. London-Lima). Let say if BA increase the avios required for the route, or if the taxes increase, will I need to pay the difference? Conversely, if any of these elements decrease (unlikely, I know) will the difference be refunded?

Also, if I were to use the voucher to book a flight on a different route with cheaper avios and/or taxes requirements (e.g. a short-haul in Europe), what would happen to the remaining, unused, avios and cash on the voucher?
Yes, a Future Travel Voucher could lead to a fare difference increase or decrease. An increase means you have to stump up more Avios and/or cash. A decrease will be remitted back to you via a refund of Avios and / or another eVoucher. If you rebook instead of FTV for the same route then you won't get a fare difference issue. You can book to another route, the FTV is not route specific, or for BA Holidays, though for a 2-4-1 that isn't typically a good idea.