FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex USA COVID-19 temporary bonuses
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2020, 3:11 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bryanb
I feel like the way the offer is worded doesn't intend to exclude Google Fi or pre-paid wireless services.
"Get up to $20 back in statement credits each month you use your Card on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers through 12/31/20."
Obviously, the T&Cs probably give them lots of outs. Also, I wouldn't really classify Google Fi as a VOIP provider, any more than I would classify T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, etc., since they also allow phones to connect through Wi-Fi networks. Hopefully the apparent exclusion of Google Fi is just because it hasn't been recoded in the system yet.
It probably is, but if so, I am not very hopefully they will fix it. This is what my account so far shows for the Google Fi payment I submitted yesterday.

No mention of Google Fi. Not sure if that will change when it isn’t pending anymore, but right now it looks very much like my Google Domains postings.

Also possible, of course, that they (Amex) have more data than they show us here... but again, I am not particularly hopeful that they will fix it even if/when we complain. The first answer seems to be “wait four weeks as per T&C”.