FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada bans entry from foreigners; restricting entry to non-essential travel
Old May 6, 2020, 12:28 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Thanks to you both. I agree; doesn't look good.
If you do decide to try and come, be aware that Whistler folks are not really following a lot of the social distancing recommendations. I was up there last week and people are out and about in numbers, gathering in groups etc. We do have very few cases here in BC and almost all are clustered in a long term care home, a prison and a chicken processing plant all in the city, so there really is little to worry about in terms of transmission. But if you are coming in from the US, it would probably be neither welcome nor neighbourly to visit. Especially in such a small community where resources would be severely stretched were you to become sick or worse, cause an outbreak. The locals are (uncharacteristically) not welcoming of tourists at the moment and were even trying to have the highway shut down to all but locals (unsuccessfully so far) to keep people away. My advice? Postpone until you can be certain that you won’t inadvertently be a burden or worse on a small community.