FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Change and Miles Redeposit Fees, Issues, from 1 Jul 2020 (consolidated)
Old May 5, 2020, 1:51 pm
growlers

I have a flight july 22 LAS-DAL-SYD-PER booked in business saver for wife and I, so 80K american miles per person +~$100 pp in fees. We were still cautiously planning on going, but just got a non-targeted generalized email from qantas saying they will cancelling all international flights through end of july. What is the likely outcome here? Will they redeposit my miles and refund the fees automatically when they cancel the flight or do is it better I proactively do something? I would happily move the award flight to next year but there is zero availability in the award calendar for the same number of miles all the way though the schedule. They won't move it unless there is saver award space, correct?
I booked the flight back in january, I'm unclear what would be the outcome if I call them on the phone now and cancel myself. Sorry for the newbie questions, this was part of a huge three continent trip and I'm juggling a bunch of stuff with it and getting stressed on best strategies.