FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voucher Or Request Refund
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2020, 1:37 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AustraliatoUK
Given the BA Voucher is pretty restrictive for me (given I am AU based, and would have to be in Europe to really get use of it), what is the general feeling around the likelihood my flights would be going ahead?
I think the general advice given here is
- wait until a few days before departure to see if BA cancel the flight
- always try for cash if you can, it's a very flexible financial instrument
- an eVoucher is more useful if you definitely have travel with BA coming up anyway OR you are concerned about redemption availability and/or vouchers such as 2-4-1 Companion vouchers. If all the flights on your booking operate to schedule (more or less) you have no option but to take the eVoucher.
As for London to Nice, this is a key BA route, and Air France may soon be forced to stop flying within the Hexagon, so further increasing the route's utility to BA. So it is perhaps possible the flight could operate. Moreover I can see some tectonic plates shifting that makes July a plausible time when travel will be easier than now. Given the European summer I suspect new cases of Covid-19 will be quite low by that point, antibody testing should be viable and both countries have separate track and trace systems embedded by then. But that's all crystal ball stuff and your crystal ball may vary.