FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bay Area orders ‘shelter in place,’ only essential businesses in 6 counties to May 31
Old May 3, 2020, 12:40 am
econ

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SamirD
Talked to the wife about how things were going out there and she mentioned that stores are starting to stock back up again and get back to normal stock levels. She also mentioned that San Mateo county has a mandatory mask rule in place. I haven't researched it to confirm any legal statutes, but she mentioned that stores won't let you in without something covering your face, and she mentioned that gang bandannas are okay.
Yeah, several of the Bay Area counties came out with orders for mask usage a couple of weeks ago. Could be bandana, scarf, cut out of old T-shirt, etc. I've also noticed grocery stores checking to make sure people are wearing them at the entrances, for example.

But none of the counties that I know of require them for outdoor recreation, as long as social distancing requirements are met.