FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unsure of award choices to Japan. AA or JL / JAL?
Old May 1, 2020, 2:25 pm
shd9

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by Tilto007
Hello,all, AA is running web specials to Japan .I have 3 options for next year Sakura season,AA in J at 45k ,AA in F at 55k or JAL at 80k in F.I do not have a ton of miles so I do care what I pay for the trip.That said I have never flown JAL so I am intrigued.Any thoughts??
JAL F is a special experience: the meticulous service, the food/beverage (especially from JAPAN) and the hard product is top notch, and really gets you a feel of Japan before you get there.

For AA J you get just paying for a flat bed. AA F gets you a bigger flat bed + Flagship First Dining in DFW/LAX. The AA service is a hit or miss. The food is generally a miss (though they are apparently doing a collaboration with JAL chefs for the Japanese meal).

Everyone has a different value towards things, so it is hard to say which is the best. That being said I would personally choose AA J, but I think all three options are reasonably priced with respect to their value.