FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Extending Status? (Confirmed Extension to Jan 31, 2022 Announced on May 4)
Old May 1, 2020, 9:56 am
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by jim32190
Sedan/coupe preference over SUV so maybe that’s why I’m biased in this view but I’ve had at least a Prestige Series P4 class or higher sedan, at each of SEA, ORD, PHX, and LAS over the past 6 months and 15ish rentals. Only maybe 3 or so ended up being PCARs while the rest were Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, or American Muscle.
I also have a strong preference for sedan/coupe and avoid SUVs whenever possible. My experience could not be more different from yours. My travel is a mix of major airports (frequent rental destinations ATL, SFO, TPA), a very wide range of smaller airports, and occasionally a Hertz Local Edition.

As pointed out, I've had three German sedans in my last 36 Hertz rentals and only one of those was from a major airport Ultimate Choice location.

In terms of other decent cars I've had maybe three Cadillacs in that timeframe (one of which should be pulled from the denominator since I actually reserved "Luxury Sport" or whatever category includes the Cadillac XTS/Infiniti Q50 instead of hoping for a PC upgrade) and exactly one Ford Mustang GT 5.0.

So, let's make that 6/35 on the "I got a good/fun car as a PC without paying for an upgrade" count. Normally as PC at an Ultimate Choice location, I get to choose from Impala, Malibu, Chrysler 300, Kia, Hyundai... Whoop-de-freakin-do.