FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your beauty routine for staying home?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:10 am
fleedc

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Delta/United/AA/SW Nobody
ysolde, I am doing something similar with the anti-aging stuff - have restarted using retinol while I've been home, as it normally makes me peel (which I know it's supposed to, at least initially) but I never can seem to get over that hump and past all that peeling to brighter, smoother skin. I figured right now is the best time to try to get my skin used to it, as I can handle the peeling since no one really sees me. Have been using for about six weeks at this point, and realistically probably have another month or so before I start seeing people on a regular basis, so fingers crossed that I get used to it by then.

Other than that, my skin care routine is basically the same as it was before, but makeup, hair care, and nails are non-existent compared to before all this. I've never worn a ton of makeup, but I never wear anything now unless I have a Zoom call, which isn't every day. My hair looks terrible (graying roots, eek), nails look terrible (took gel polish off and it tore up my nails, but hoping to redo them myself at some point). If I do have a Zoom/Skype/Adobe Connect/Teams call, I tend to put on lipstick, mascara, and a little moisturizer or highlighter - read somewhere that if the light catches it, it makes you look more "alive"? No idea if that's true or not - it might just make me look kind of oily or greasy, but I'm usually semi-happy with the way I look on these virtual calls.