FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Extending Status? (Confirmed Extension to Jan 31, 2022 Announced on May 4)
Old Apr 30, 2020, 4:03 am
m907

Originally Posted by Herb687
I think it's a fine metric. And based on my experience as a Hertz PC, BMWs, Mercedes, and convertibles are rarely available to PCs without an extra upgrade fee. I've had three (sort of) German vehicles in the past 12 months (one actual Dingolfing-built 530i and two Mexican Benz A220s). The A220 is certainly a much better vehicle than the Hyundai Whatever, Kia Crapmobile, Malibu, Impala, or Chrysler 300 that PCs normally get in the US.

I have no idea where jim32190 is renting but his experience is totally out of line with what I've experienced as a PC renting in the US.

Can't comment since I avoid SUVs. I had a BMW X2 as a service loaner not too long ago and it did nothing for me. Certainly would never buy one. But that's true of pretty much all SUVs. What's so bad about the X3 specifically?
Brand loyalty is dumb, especially in the rental car business. German brand ≠ better.

I don't have anything against the X3 except maybe the general pretentiousness of BMW. But with no amenities in a barebones rental model, and very few renters who will drive it how it's meant to be driven, it makes little sense over a loaded Explorer.