FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to cut up to 12,000 jobs in "restructuring and redundancy programme"
Old Apr 29, 2020, 1:13 am
northeastflyer

Originally Posted by CharlotteC
I get what you are saying but various Balearic bureaucrats have stated that they don’t want those Brits there previously! Guess it was just a thought and I know that friends who own a small hotel in Portugal (not a cheap to hasten to add) were told by Portuguese friends that they would be very happy if Brits didn’t come back due to behaviour and the British approach to quarantining on arrival in the UK
I think that most people understand that it's a very very small minority of UK travellers that behave badly abroad. Of course there are a number of hotspots around the Mediterranean especially that attract attention to this behaviour, via the media mostly, but it'll not only be British citizens. That's just what we hear via the tabloids mostly.

This behaviour has been around for many many years and is something that the local authorities need to tackle of course, but the fact is that the vast majority of 'Brits abroad' are as well behaved as other nationalities. There will be Brits that are better behaved, more considerate and spend more money than some other countrie's citizens! You can't tar a nation with the same brush. It's a tiny minority and I think other countries fully get that.

Despite people quoting things that friends of friends have said about 'Brits' and not wanting them/us back, I'm confident that most (if not all) tourism sectors and locations will fully welcome back 'Brits' as soon as its safe to do so in relation to Covid-19. After all, economies need cash, especially after this.