FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your beauty routine for staying home?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:13 pm
ysolde
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
What's your beauty routine for staying home?

What's changed? What's stayed the same? Any tips and tricks you can share?

I was joking with a friend the other day that one good thing about being stuck at home is that I am trying all the anti-aging things I never have time for: the masks, the really heavy creams, all that stuff. I may come out of this looking a few years younger. Now that I can't have regular manicures, I am relying on heavy-duty (German) Nivea after hand washing, Dior's Creme Abricot on cuticles in the evening (this stuff is old, and smells old-fashioned, but it works nicely). I also just apply two coats of Dior's Nail Glow each week, as this is the extent of my manicuring skills. It gives just a slight, slight almost not there pinkish tint to what is essentially a clear finish on the nails. I've been mostly avoiding make-up, but when I have a Zoom call and need to look like I am more alive than mostly dead, I go with the Bobbi Brown Extra Tinted balm (which is discontinued, but I still have a couple of jars, so why not finish off what I have?), a bit of under eye concealer, a touch of cream blush, some mascara, and some lip gloss or lip balm. If I still look mostly dead, then I go in with a little bit of eyeliner. A bit of powder around anything that looks too shiny. Five minutes, easy, done.

I do desperately need highlights and a haircut, but there's nothing to be done there. Just wait.