FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:18 am
TimDP

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyCarmello
More appealing than a voucher which needs to be used within 12 months, even though those 12 months have an unknown period of flight disruptions.

Where I know that I will use a voucher, and it's a low value, I'll accept it to avoid any hassle (which is what I did with <100 owed by Ryanair - couldn't face the thoughts of having the jump through their hoops for the cash I had already requested). My >£1k BA flights, I'll most certainly be holding out for a cancellation and then asking for full cash refund.
It's more than 12 months.

From the mail I had: "This can be redeemed against future travel, for flights taken up until 30 April 2022." Plenty of time, or at least let's hope so

Anyway, I'm not going to request my voucher too soon. My holiday booking has a non-refundable hotel so it seems better to wait as long as possible before requesting a voucher. If the hotel is still closed or if there are no flights, I suppose I can claim a full refund