FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Association of Flight Attendants-CWA calling for leisure air travel restrictions?
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:52 pm
scottinaz

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
There is nothing mandatory about flying and everyone on an airplane makes their own decision on whether to fly. So the land of the free stuff absolutely applies. The same logic that would prohibit me from flying would also prohibit me from walking down the sidewalk, pumping gas, going to a grocery store or any thing else I would do since each of these things could potentially impact others and if that is the only requirement then the government can prevent me from doing anything. Here let me show you:

Finally, we call on lawmakers and regulators to take further action to limit the spread of the virus by restricting sidewalk traffic to only that necessary to continue essential services. Public pathways are continuing to deliver people, mail, and cargo, uniting families that are grieving or rushing to be with those who have fallen ill, and transporting others who require medical treatment unrelated to the pandemic. These are some of the many essential services provided by public walkways to all of our communities – large and small - that must be maintained as the pandemic continues. We believe that protecting this essential service and ensuring those utilizing sidewalks and common areas is not aiding in spread of the virus requires a halt to all leisure traffic until the pandemic is brought under control according to health authorities.. We believe we can all do more together and will work to coordinate a schedule to continue essential traffic only. In addition, we request messaging from all leadership to encourage the public to end leisure use of public walkways until we have “flattened the curve.”