FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning Status (PQP) on non-016 Tickets and Partner Metal {Archive}
Old Apr 27, 2020, 7:50 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I told everyone to expect this type of anti-customer lashing out from Kirby - if this restriction is per ticket, this is so over the top, it basically blocks a UA member essentially from flying a *A partner if they have any hope of retaining status unless they are flying almost nonstop throughout the year. So, with this, I will savor my final year as a United 1K due to the extension, unless this is per segment - if it's per segment, then there still might be hope, at least for another year with potentially reduced earning requirements, then it's bon voyage and I will start burning down my UA miles and plan to use my Amex points to buy the cheapest J option where I want to travel, and keep my lifetime *G for lounge access.

If this is per ticket and not per segment, I suggest you all brace yourself for the next round of Kirby tantrums while he uses his Baldanza playbook to blame the entire coronavirus business collapse on ALL OF YOU and continue to strip away the benefits and product features he personally believes you shouldn't have as punishment for being an entitled customer. How dare you expect benefits! Off to the cargo hold with you!