FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When We Can Travel Again
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2020, 1:07 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

We are currently booked to see grizzlies at Khutzy outside Prince Rupert, British Columbia, in early July. I just received the following note:

We have been anxiously waiting for government restrictions to ease, but it seems there is a high chance travel restrictions will remain in place during your tour.

I wrote to the place we are to stay before asking about the anticipated situation this summer. Her response:

We are all taking it day by day, week by week. I know the border closure for non-essential travel with the US has been extended until the end of May. There is more enthusiasm on your side of the border to reopen than ours. Comparatively, Canada is doing quite well with COVID and most Canadians are following the guidelines clearly laid out by our provincial and federal health authorities. Two provinces are discussing small changes to open up a bit. BC has yet to make an announcement and for sure nothing before mid-May. Dr Bonnie, our provincial health officer, has been adopted by everyone as their second mother and we are paying attention.

We are currently closed until mid-June but I feel like we will open up for our summer visitors with some procedural changes like no contact check-ins etc. Most of our guests travel domestically and drive here. This is not the case for most international travellers.