FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic flights in China resume - how are they managing health and safety?
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:30 pm
yvrcnx

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by moondog
I'm not sure what you mean by "handling it". Planes continue to fly, and we can buy tickets on them through the same channels we've always used. Whether or not this is a good idea varies based upon current policies at the destination (e.g. Beijing isn't exactly a hot ticket these days).
I should have clarified.
What I meant by 'handling it' is, once it is possible for example to enter the EU from North America in general and vice versa. without having to be quaranteened for 2 weeks airlines will want to be operating flights but make sure that it is 'safe'. In China's domestic market this is already happening and while airlines 'here' are stil trying to figure out how this will be possible, I was wondering what the current procedure is for people flying within China, visiting other cities and being allowed to meet family and friends again.

As it stands right now we are not supposed to travel at all unless it is essential, for example I can't just fly to Europe to visit family and come back 2 weeks later without major disruptions. Since in China this seems to have been lifted and flying is not limited anymore to essential travel, what are airlines doing there which airlines in other countries can 'copy' to make flying possible again for non-essential travel.

I guess time will tell and we'll just have to be patient for the next few months.