FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Holidays booking - ordering "off menu"?
Old Apr 26, 2020, 1:03 pm
1Aturnleft

A lot will depend on whether the 'off menu' property is part of a larger chain or has sister properties. When I used to work for a luxury tour operator, we'd have the properties that appeared in the brochure /website that paid to be there but quite often, there'd be sister properties that weren't featured in the contract, website or brochure that we could sell if customers asked for it.

I've noticed on BA.com that One&Only resorts can only be purchased as part of a flight inclusive package but you can't book them as accommodation only components. Presumably the contracting dictates the accommodation needs to be packaged with a flight in order to use the prices BAH has negotiated. So fine if you're using BA revenue flights but a no-go if you're wanting to book in association with an Avios redemption.

It could also be the property you're wanting to book will appear in due course. That the contracting hasn't yet been finalised to cover the dates for which you want to travel. From memory, Caribbean contracts for the following year would generally begin to filter through after Easter. So I'd definitely check to see if it appears on sale for this year and pose the question to BAH when the rates will be finalized for next year. There's every chance they'll allow you to secure 2021 rates at 2020 prices if you happened to ask them the question.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Apr 26, 2020 at 1:11 pm