FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ crew exempt isolation ?
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2020, 7:09 pm
brend

Originally Posted by nzkarit
With the Bluff cluster it is conjecture, I haven't seen any official word on the index case or cases for that cluster.

Remember they are laying off a bunch of cabin crew, so they don't have enough crew to do that.

My understanding is with cargo particularly with China the crew is not getting off the plane (paxing the return crew (have seen tweets about them having to do their own food and drink)) else they will have to go into China quarantine. With LAX it does seem pilots at least are spending two nights before turning around. And after Vancouver issues guess the guidance is clear not to leave the hotel room, etc

Cargo ship generally they aren't getting off and only doing minimal contact for customs, quarantine. The loading and unloading is handled by longshoremen. Also the risk will be to the crew rather than the short crew as weeks at sea is good isolation.

I suspect now AirNZ crew will be doing a level of isolation at home and avoiding supermarket if they have others in household, etc.

Also have to remember health workers who are treating COVID-19 patients are allowed to go home as well.
So Nz are sticking to their original gate slots with PVG. The crew arriving at 7am..wait around until 2pm go fly back? That's along time sitting on a plane.

Also 2x daily flights to PVG atm?