FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Atlanta (ATL): The Definitive Thread
Old Sep 20, 2004, 2:17 pm
SAT Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
ATL: minimum connection time

I busted my tail to put together a workable award travel reservation (at the 25,000 mile coach level, which is all we have) for my wife from SAT-NYC on December 30, 2004. Understandably award seats are hard to come by on that date, with returning Christmas travelers and outbound New Year's travelere\s. I thought I had come up with something that worked with the very limited number of reward options available. Essentially my wife was to fly SAT-DFW-ATL on DL and ATL-EWR on CO. The DL flight from DFW-ATL arrives at 6:57 p.m., and her connecting CO flight from ATL-EWR departs at 7:45 p.m. The seats were available on all the flights, but the SkyMiles agent I spoke to said the minimum connection time in ATL is 50 minutes and we were two minutes short. She also said the minimum connection time is mandatory per the FAA.

Was she correct? And is there any way DL can accommodate my wife on those flights since we are only two measly minutes short of the minimum connection time?

Last edited by cAAl; Sep 20, 2004 at 2:24 pm