FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - qantas refund
Thread: qantas refund
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:06 am
zeikka

We have tickets for a family of 5 on the new ORD - BNE flights July 29th - August 14th.

I am getting these emails from Qantas to cancel for a credit: "We want to remind those customers who have flights booked for travel before 31 July 2020 and no longer wish to fly, that they have until Thursday 30 April 2020 to request a full flight credit. The credit will be valid until 31 December 2021 and Qantas will waive the usual change fees."

Am I correct in my thinking not to do anything at this time?

If the Covid-19 situation does not improve then we will want full refund and not credit with restrictions as we have no idea when the 5 of us would use Qantas credit. We'd like to visit Australia at some point, but will do so only if schedules allow and the price is right. I don't want to end up with credit that won't necessarily even cover new flights (the total for the 5 of us was $3,770 for ORD (- BNE -) SYD // CBR - BNE - ORD).

I think the new route won't start on time anyways, and I can get the money back once they start canceling the flights (either from Qantas or from my credit card company).