FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Cargo-Only Flights (2020 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:34 pm
AC681

Originally Posted by YEG USER
Will it actually be AC coordinating this, or is Jazz doing this on their own if AC may have “furloughed” (I can’t think of a better word) Jazz aircraft and they can’t be used under the CPA? I know in the past Jazz has chartered DH1/3 aircraft, and AC was not involved at all (other than the fact the Jazz aircraft was painted in AC livery).
From Jazz's press release " "This innovative opportunity will allow us to redeploy aircraft while contributing to the collective fight against COVID-19 by supporting our customer – Air Canada – and the delivery of essential cargo."

I read that as its going to be coordinated through AC Cargo, but there's nothing stopping Jazz from getting its own charter work, just so long as it does not impact the CPA activities.

Any of the Jazz fleet can be chartered outside the CPA, Jazz use to maintain a few planes for charter use only (2 Dashes and 2 RJs if memory serves me), but when a lot of the oilsands charters dried up, those planes lett the fleet. Charters are now covered by using down time of CPA planes.