FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 787-10 deliveries
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:44 pm
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chucko
Not quite - they seem to be operating a lot of repatriation flights, and have been rotating their 777 and 787 aircraft into cargo flights, about the only sources of revenue around these days.
O’Leary probably refers to his passengers as cargo but I didn’t realise BA were too!

I know they have some passengers but with less than 20 flights per day (if it hasn’t declined further?) rather than their usual 300+ flights per day, to say you have passengers would be a bit insulting to BA. (IAG) in today’s numbers.

Sadly that is the reality. Yes they have a few passengers but not enough that they have ground 200 odd aircraft! ...I lost count. 200 (plus/minus) British Airways aircraft parked up. That is remarkable. Something that is incredibly strange to type let alone digest or see the reality of it.

Which, whilst isolating and being online through websites, social media etc it’s very easy to forget the outside world and what’s actually happening or not as the case maybe. Seeing a deserted Oxford Street on a news site today is very strange, almost apocalyptic.

I imagine if we were to visit Glasgow or LGW and see the aircraft all lined up, parked and engines covered, the reality might really hit home.

So on that basis I think even I could make the decision that 787 delivery can be rescheduled.